Upon Completion of this package issued via FEAM CBT ( Moodle ) the individual with be authorized to perform and sign for Independent Oil Cap Inspection requirements ONLY, as outlined by Norwegian TPM, ATL and ETOPS manuals for each respective AOC.
Prerequisites to be completed prior to becoming authorized Support Staff are listed below:
• Aviation Learning EASA CBT: Human Factors, ETOPS, RVSM, SFAR 88 and EWIS.
• FEAM Designated Inspector Training CBT
• MBF/Aviation ID Access form completed with Quality and Individual has verified access to Norwegian Tech Data / MMS ( AMOs )
• Completion of OJT Listings (as required) within signed by a designated OJT Instructor, submitted to and approved by Training Department and subsequently added to employee’s ETD profile.
• Completion of enclosed test; certified by Training
AC Specific Training is NOT required to exercise the Inspector Authorization for Norwegian Groups PDSC and Independent Inspection signoffs in the ATL. This package is designed to support the Independent Inspection of Oil Caps only. IT does not authorize you to Sign the CRS box on the ATL.
Completion of this training does not Qualify you as certified Staff and the FEAM 201 is the authoritative document for CRS Approval.
The major visible differences between the TEN engine and the previous generation Pack C engine are listed below:
• VFSG cooling is now done by Surface Air Oil Heat Exchangers (SAOHE) at the 5 and 7 ‘o’ clock position in the secondary air flow duct. Take care not to step on these heat exchangers.
• VIGV/VSV unison rings are now actuated by a crank shaft rather than a bell crank arrangement.
• There is an additional bleed valve solenoid bank located below the ESS valve on the lower R/H side of the fan case.
• Modulated air system has 14 (three visible externally, 11 internal) new vortex amplifiers (VxAs) located on the core within zone 2 & 3 used for more efficient turbine cooling.
• Revised turbine case cooling HP and IP actuators.
• Ignition exciters have moved aft, now located below the EEC.
• Revised core anti-ice system with new distribution tube and manifold.